The Mets in the bottom of the ninth came off big as Jordany Valdespin hit his first major league hit as a 3-run homerun off Jonathan Papelbon. He became the second Met to do so since Omir Santos in 2009 in the Fenway Series. The Mets won to a score of 5-2. Here are the notes of the game.
- David Wright went 1 for 3, including a game-tying two run double off Roy Halladay in the sixth inning.
- Jon Niese allowed two runs on 4 hits and 4 walks while striking out 5 as he pitched five innings.
- Frank Francisco pitched a scoreless 9th as he got his third save in the Mets last three games.
- The Mets bullpen pitched four scoreless innings in relief of Niese, including 1.2 innings pitched from Bobby Parnell.
- Josh Thole left the game in the eighth inning with an upper body injury after a collision with Ty Wigginton at home plate.
The Mets continued their hot streak into game 2. The Mets won to a score of 7-4. In the game David Wright was caught in a run down but he wasn't out as the Phillies threw the ball away and the Mets got a run in. For more see Wright's running blunder give Mets win. Here are the notes of the game.
- The Mets trailed 4-0, but rallied to win by three.
- Miguel Batista threw 5.1 innings and allowed four runs, two earned, on eight hits and two walks, as he got one strike out.
- Lucas Duda delivered the eventual game-winning, run-scoring single in the seventh. He went 2 for 4 with two RBI's.
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis went 2 for 3 with a walk, a sac fly, and two RBI.
- David Wright chipped in two hits and an RBI of his own and a running blunder which gave the team a run.
- Manny Acosta (1-2) earned the win in relief. He, Ramon Ramirez, Tim Byrdak and Jon Rauch (S, 1) combined for 3.2 scoreless innings as he got his first save of the year.
The Mets took the sweep winning 10-6 and this was the first sweep of the Phillies for the Mets since 06. Here are the notes of the game.
- The Mets trailed 2-1, tied it in the sixth, then trained 4-2, but rallied to score 8 runs in the final three innings for their 11th come-from-behind win of the year.
- Dillon Gee let up four runs while pitching in 5.2 innings.
- Andres Torres, Daniel Murphy, David Wright and Scott Hairston combined for 8 hits and 5 RBI's at the top of the batting order.
- D. J. Carrasco pitched the ninth inning for his first appearance of the year.
- Ike Davis hit a three-run home run.
- This is the first time in six years that the Mets swept a series in Philadelphia.