The Mets hosted the Florida Marlins for a rain makeup game which occurred earlier in the year on May 17. The Mets were hoping to beat them. But they fell short as Mets starter Chris Capuano didn't go so well and the Mets lost to a score of 4-1. Here is the info for the game
- Angel Pagan-Center Field
- Willie Harris-Second Base
- Daniel Murphy-Third Base
- Scott Hairston-Right Field
- Lucas Duda-First Base
- Jason Bay-Left Field
- Josh Thole-Catcher
- Ruben Tejada-Shortstop
- Chris Capuano-Pitcher
- Chris Capuano sat-down 11 batters but he gave up two singles, a walk then a double in the 4th inning which was the Marlins 3 run rally.
- Willie Harris was the only met to get a hit against Marlins pitcher Clay Hensley who pitched five scoreless innings.
- Capuano pitched 7 innings and with 2 outs in the 8th inning then Pedro Beato and Ryota Igarashi pitched in relief for the rest of the remaining part of the game.
- The Mets scored the tying run after Bay hit a sacrifice fly to drive in a run which was the mets first run of the game.
- Carlos Beltran was grabbing his bat and helmet until Paulino took his place.
- Ronny Paulino grounded out to end the game.
- Jason Bay and Ruben Tejada made terrific catches in shallow left field.
- The Mets have now lost their 5 of their last 7 games, and they are now back to under .500 for the first time since late June.