On June 27,2012 the Mets were in a 4 game skid after losing the last two to the New York Yankees and the first two to the Chicago Cubs. Daniel Murphy hit the first two homeruns off the season. Then Ike Davis and Scott Hairston hit a homerun to follow Murphy. This was the first time that a homerun cycle was hit as the Mets hit 4 homers in the game. The Mets won to a score of 17-1. For more on the homers see Davis,Hairston,Murphy homer off Cubs. Here are the notes.
- Jon Niese pitched 7 innings as he gave one run on 8 hits, a walk as he struck out 6 batters.
- Daniel Murphy hit his first two homeruns of the season today, going 3-for-5 with four runs batted in.
- David Wright drove in five runs during his was 2-for-3 effort, including his 25th double of the season.
- Ike Davis was 3-for-5 with two doubles and a homerun while driving in four runs. Davis is now hitting .201 with 10 HRs and 41 RBIs this season.
- Scott Hairston hit his 10th homerun of the season, a grand slam in the sixth inning.
- The Mets were 7-for-13 with runners in scoring position today.