On September 16 the mets were looking to stop their 6 game losing streak against the Atlanta Braves after losing against the Cubs for the final 2 games (Sep 9-11) and Nats (Sep 12-15). But after manager Terry Collins got pissed off about the losing streak the players had a big night. The Mets won to a score of 12-2. The team had 20 hits and just 1 error. Here are the Notes
- Chris Capuano started for the mets and got his 11th win of the season as he is now 11-12. He pitched into the 6th inning while giving up 2 runs on 6 hits.
- David Wright went 3 for 6 with 5 RBI and had 2 homeruns which got the mets started off in the first inning with a 2 run homerun. This was his 17th 2 homerun game of the year tying him with second place with Carlos Beltran and Mike Piazza.
- Lucas Duda had 4 hits and 1 RBI along with 3 runs scored as part of the 20 hit explosion.
- Wright,Jose Reyes,Nick Evans and Josh Thole each had 3 hits.
- Also for defense Jason Bay robbed Braves infielder Alex Gonzalez for a homerun in the 4th inning.
- Reyes upgraded his batting average .334 for the year, as he is 4 points ahead of Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers for the NL Batting Title.
- The Mets bullpen just gave up 1 walk in 4 innings of relief outings.
- The night marked for the first time that the Mets had more than 9 runs against the Braves since August 6.
- As another notable met record the Mets had scored as many runs in the game as they’ve scored in their last 5 games and with 12 runs is a franchise record at Turner Field for the team.